CHURCHES IN WEST PAPUA LAND IS A SERIOUS THREAT FROM INDONESIAN NATIONAL ARMY (TNI)
By Socratez Sofyan Yoman
Jul 28, 2011, 02:27
In the report by: Socratez Sofyan Yoman
West Papua, July 22, 2011
Outside of Papua like in Java, churches burned and closed, and Christians are forbidden to worship in open spaces by civilians, but the churches were burned in the Land of Papua, separatist accused, threatened, and terrorized by diintimdasi National Army Indonesia (TNI).
1. On 30 April 2011, Commander of Regional Military Command XVII / Paradise, Maj. Gen. Erfi Triassunu threatening and accusing the Church of Papua Gospel Tent (KINGMI) supporting the Free Papua movement. Proven with secret documents numbered: R/773/Iv/2011 April 30 by Classification: Secrets and berperihal: Internal Conflict among the elite of the Church Board Tent Gospel Indonesia (GKII) with the elite of the Church Board Tent Gospel (KINGMI) Papua with some points as follows : (a) With the establishment of the Synod of the Evangelical Church Camp (KINGMI) Papua, will create a church-based regionalism / ethnicity to get funding from the Government as much as possible. (B) With the founding of the Church based on regional / tribal Papua aims to strengthen community networks in an effort to fight for the ideals of independence. (C) With the founding of the Church-based regionalism / ethnicity would be more easily used as a political vehicle in the name of the representative of the people.
2. In 2003 the Indonesian National Army Kuyawagi conduct operations to kill civilians and burn buildings Baptist church, the Gospel Tent (KINGMI), Evangelical Church in Indonesia (GIDI) and set fire to buildings, schools, polyclinics owned by churches and burning houses .
3. Since the year 2004-2011 is continuing military operations in Puncak Jaya and kill Pdt. Elisa Tabuni and many civilians were killed and tortured until this July. Church buildings and people's houses burned and inhabitants were driven from their homelands. Civilians are in great fear and economic life, health and education are very alarming. Humanitarian crimes the most cruel and inhuman place in Puncak Jaya.
4. Financial aid comes from religious Special Autonomy funds provided by the provincial government for the Fellowship Baptist Churches of Papua in 2010 amounting to Rp 600,000,000, (six hundred million rupiah) and Rp 300 million in 2011; (three hundred million dollars ) terminated on the basis of military pressure Indonesia to the Government of Papua Province and all funds are handed over to members of the Baptist Church raised, nurtured and maintained by the Indonesian security forces. The reason is I used the Indonesian military (Socratez Sofyan Yoman) is supporting the struggle for justice, peace, human rights and equality in West Papua. Comments on various mass media do not criticize and support the Indonesian government and pro-civilians who are struggling for self-determination. Many wrote books against the Government of Indonesia.
5. In August 2010, I was never summoned by the Indonesian police. But I fight on the grounds that I am the master and the owner of the land and the land of West Papua and those newcomers should not regulate me, and also may not put me as sojourners in the land and the land of my ancestors. I am a church leader and pastor has the responsibility and duty to protect and guard the flock of God because it's not worth calling the security forces or arrest me. And I am also a mouthpiece for the people who berkwajiban convey cries of moral and pastoral and prophetic voice for the people of the oppressed, silent and silent fear. The background is calling me to make statements in the media that the conflict in Puncak Jaya since the year 2004-2010 even until this year was created by the security forces for the sake of getting money, a promotion, the addition of troops, to build military bases and to create a sense of The original inhabitants of long-term trauma. Proved that the Government provide funds Puncak Jaya regency Rp 3,000,000,000; (Three billion) each year from from 2008 to the security forces with the terms of the Security Control Fund. Commencing from 2008-2011 has been budgeted fund of Rp 15 billion (Fifteen Billion) for the security forces in Puncak Jaya.
1. We call and ask support churches and Christian institutions, workers' human rights institutions and community solidarity at international level to encourage and pressure the Indonesian Government to stop all the violence of security forces in West Papua.
2. We call and ask support and attention from the Government, members of Parliament and members of Congress and the Senate at the international level to stop the violence and crimes against humanity in West Papua.
3. We call and plead with the Government, members of Parliament, the Congress and Senate, churches, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Workers' Human Rights at the international level to support the peace unconditional dialogue between the Government of Indonesia and the Papuans who mediated a neutral third party to settlement of humanitarian issues and human rights violations in West Papua as a whole. Because, of Law Number 21 Year 2011 regarding Special Autonomy is the solution of humanitarian problems in Papua has FAILED TOTAL. Autonomy of crime and violence in humanity, injustice, marginalization and exploitation increased sharply and very apprehensive of future indigenous Papuans.
Socratez Sofyan Yoman
Chairman of the Fellowship Baptist Churches of Papua
Address: Jl. Jeruk Nipis Kotaraja, PO Box 1212
© Copyright by w@tchPAPUA